Appeal the 2003 sex “offender” act / law !
1. It permits unprecedented powers to police forces that abuse these powers constantly.
2. it is far from transparent in anyway to the “offender” or their family.
3. The “powers” are limitless and enable police forces the alter and extend their authority.
4. It alienates the person accused of a “sexual offence” from society that creates isolation.
5. This act strips away the very civil rights of those accused and sentenced to a “sex offence” and their friends and family.
6. The so called “Public protection” offices are incapable professionally to engage with any person with mental health issues etc, they often act as suspicious detectives, further damaging the suspects, accused and family / friends health.
7. These powers prevent a healthy and normal reintegration back into society of “offenders” and prevent normal social contact and relationships from flourishing.
, if they are fortunate to still have such lyaly standing by them, and not harrassed and chased off by the police authorities etc.
Why does this idea matter?
Giving the police the extensive powers under the 2003 sex offender act and especially the so called “Public protection officers” such powers is like giving a Butcher the license to perform brain surgery. The police and especially “public protection” have proven a scant regard for the “offender” and their family / friend. They have entirely abused their positions drastically harmed all concerned. The so called “public protection” officers are certainly NOT social workers, psychiatrist or mental health professionals etc and only capable of being just that, Police.
The 2003 Sex “offender” laws are a travesty in justice and travesty in human rights !