Church of England PCCs & Charity Commission
PCCs (Parochial Church Councils) of the Church of England were for many years 'Exempt Charities' and were not required to Register with the Charity Commission. Please reverse this recent requirement.
Why does this idea matter?
- It places yet more work on the shoulders of heavily burdened volunteers who already have much to do.
- PCC Treasurers are required to produce their Annual Accounts in conformity with regulations
- They already submit them to their Dioceses after having had them either independently audited or examined (depending on their turnover).
- They already have to complete returns for the Church of England.
- There is no question but that PCCs qualify as Charities. This has been agreed at a national level by the Church of England & the Charity Commission.
- It serves no useful purpose and is yet more form filling.