- Micro-generation is expensive at the moment, this would reduce the cost for all
- We need to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels
- We need to reduce our reliance on expensive power stations
- We need to reduce our reliance on importing fuels
- This would benefit the industry and create jobs
All new detached homes should have to be constructed taking advantage of at least one form of re-newable micro-electricity generation (solarwindgeo-thermaletc)
This would create jobs, reduce the cost of the technology for everyone and have a number of other enviromental and economic benefits.
By limiting this to detached homes it should not effect (or minimise the effect to) low-cost housing.
In the scheme of things, a few thousand pounds extra to the cost of a new build is minimal.