We all need fresh, local, free range food. We have an excellent climate for growing many things in our country. School land is squandered – most schools probably have an area where they could grow vegetables. Learning to cook healthily is vital for everyone and noone knows how to do it anymore. I only had 6 weeks of home economics at school, so I can make a sandwich, a pizza, scones and a crumble. Not very healthy or handy!
1. Free school dinners for everyone
2. Rotate classes so that they each take a turn to cook it.
3. Grow vegetables on school land.
4. No tubs or jars – herbs and spices instead (rosemary can be grown very cheaply!)
5. During school holidays, excess vegetables can be sold in veg boxes to the local community.