(1) An alternative to institutionalized schooling must aspire to achieve a more efficient delivery of education. How is the current educational system relevant today given that it is based on a system devised 200 years ago when information was scarce?
(2) Apprenticeships teach skills worthy of learning
(3) don't waste endless years in school
(4) By-pass the social issues caused by forcing together large groups of same-age children into artificial peer groups against their will.
(5) Any system claiming to be fair and meritocratic is a technocratic con trick run by vested-interest "experts".