*Low-energy CFLs are damaging to the environment as most people don't realise they need to be disposed of safely.
*They are a health hazard in the home because of the mercury vapour released if they are broken.
*They are bad for the eyesight because they are simply too dull.
*They are also causing untold misery as the Chinese workers, who have to make them, suffer mercury poisoning.
CFLs should be banned and incandescent bulbs, which have been satisfactory for so many years, made available once more. In due course we will all start using LEDs anyway.