In the future, we should be an open-minded, egalitarian society, with no prejudices imposed on young minds. Children must grow up and think for themselves, without being exposed to anachronistic religious propaganda.
Scrap the law that says that all schools must hold an act of (broadly Christian) collective worship every day because:
• It forces young people to pray or worship in other ways, regardless of their personal beliefs
• It does not respect children’s and young people’s rights to freedom of religion or belief
• It does not recognise the plurality of beliefs in the UK
• The system whereby you can opt your child out of religious worship is deeply flawed in theory and practice
• Under 16s can’t opt-themselves out without their parents’ permission
• Inclusive assemblies are a better alternative and contribute more to well being and development.