On July 1st 2010 the UK Government asked the public for their ideas to reduce pointless regulation and unnecessary bureaucracy.
The Your Freedom website gave the public the chance to tell the government which laws and regulations they thought should be abolished. The project was a ‘success’; tens of thousands of ideas were submitted and countless discussions around the ideas were had.
Then suddenly, and unexpectedly, the Your Freedom website closed.
In response to this GovYou was launched to,
- keep the original ideas in the public eye
- encourage more public discussion on these ideas
- to gather new ideas from the public
- remind Government to listen to the ideas they originally asked for
- to allow everyone to send a big “Gov You” to the UK Government
This website is not in anyway affiliated with the yougov.co.uk website.