I find myself continually having to argue with sales assistants that I do not want to take out a credit store card when wanting to pay for my goods.
When I make a purchase, I pay with my bank account debit card and every time I'm told I am missing a chance for a discount for refusing to sign up to a credit store card scheme.
This is not only:
- causing people to take out credit without taking the time to consider the consequences.
- re-enforcing an example that its OK to use credit all the time.
- putting the country to further debt when bills cant be paid.
- harassing others that would rather pay directly from their bank accounts.
- Putting people into debt with outrageous store card interest rates.
If people would like to have a store card, they should be able to ask to apply for one, not have someone try to twist their arm every time they go to the checkout.