This is what our goverment says
"The Government is committed not only to opening up the discussion on the restoration of citizens’ fundamental freedoms, but to responding to and acting as appropriate on the ideas submitted through this site. Your ideas, comments and ratings will directly inform the Government’s policy making. Some of your proposals could even end up making it into bills before Parliament. We’ll consider your ideas on civil liberties for the proposed Freedom Bill later in 2010. We may also include ideas on unnecessary laws in a future bill."
If our goverment is commited to restoring our Freedoms, then this subject cannot be ignored.
The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
1. The MDA infringes upon our freedom, it conflicts with article 8 and 9 of the european covention on human rights and fundermental freedoms.
1b. Article 8 –
- Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.
- There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
If we as responsible adults choose to use cannabis for medical or recreational purpose in the privicy of our own homes, we can under article 8 and 9 because its YOUR body and your PRIVATE life. But sadly not our goverment convicts and ruins peoples lifes with criminal records for this reason.
- National security is not at all affected
- Public safety or the economic well-being of the country are also not affected
- Cannbis use in ones home does not cause disorder or crime
- 'For the protection of health or morals' – This is the one our goverment beileves it does affect
- 'For the protection of the rights and freedoms of others' not affected again
My point is if our goverment beilives it can break our freedom on the point of health and morals for the use of cannabis, then i want to see the scientific evidence to support their claim. I have done some research on the health risks and benifits of cannabis and the evidence suggest that cannabis is far less harmful and more benifcial than our goverment belive and want us to belive.
To convict medical cannabis users that suffer from Cancer, Aids, Glaucoma, Epilepsy, MS, ME and many more conditions that find relief in the natural cannabis plant, based on health and morals is wrong, how can u convict someone who finds deadly needed relief with little if any health risks from the cannabis. YOU carnt under the ECOHR
To convict for recreational use is also wrong as there is also little if any risk for most people in terms of harmful. Yes as evidence doest suggest cannabis may trigger scizophrenia in individuals, to say that it causes scizophrenia is totaly over exagerated as the scientific evidence doesnt support the cliam.
1c. Article 9 –
- Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.
- Freedom to manifest one’s religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
A person has the funderment choich to become a Cantheist or believe in Hinduism, Christianity and more, but the diffrence is in the religion of Christianity wine(alcohol) is a sacrade substance as the blood of Jesus Christ and can be consumed in rituals, but if you choose to become a Cantheist then the sacrade substance would be cannabis. But under the current MDA 1971 you would be convited for that view.
Why does this idea matter?
My idea is important because our goverment has stated on this site that they are commited to restoring fundermental freedoms and civil liberties. The MDA 1971 is one of the biggest laws that destroy the fundermental freedoms and civil liberties of citizens.Well this subject needs a real, mature, truth on the table dabate and it does need it now this crime has gone on for to long.
Below you will find links to some of my points ; ) thanks for reading