It is important because we must as UK citizens be allowed to live in a fair society where our FREEDOM is upheld.
My idea is that the Hunting Act 2004 must be repealed at the earliest opportunity. There are many reasons to say this, but I feel particularly strongly about the following:-
- It is bad law and as such should not be allowed to continue in a free society
- There is no evidence that hunting with dogs is cruel
- At the end of the process the previous administration admitted that it had nothing to do with animal welfare but everything to do with class
- Hundreds of hours of parliamentary debate were taken over this subject but only tens of hours about the war in Iraq which made it a wicked, scandalous waste of time and money
- Minorities must be protected by law not attacked.
- The people who follow hunts should not be subjected to the unwanted attentions of so called hunt monitors.
- The police should not have their time wasted trying to uphold a law that is neither easy to interpret nor simple to enforce.