Amnesty for illegal Immigrants
Illegal immigrants should be allowed to legalise by being given a conditional amnesty. The conditions being:
- They must have resided in the UK for 10 years or more
- Have no criminal record
- Be made to do charitable work or community service to 6 months
- Be made to pay a fee which will cover the costs of the amnesty so that it does not burden the taxpayer.
- Not be allowed access to public funds for 5 years. e.g. NHS, benefits etc. (This period of time will allow for the illegal immigrants to contribute to the system that they have and will in future have access to)
- Be made to register for income tax contributions
- Pass the 'Life in UK' test
Why does this idea matter?
I feel that it is a fact that the government and country have to accept…there are illegal immigrants in every country across the world. It is not exclusive to the UK. They are not going anywhere as they have settled for a number of years and have made this country their home. So how can the UK make this problem work for them. Illegal immigrants across the board would be ecstatic with the above mentioned conditions of amnesty. The aviation industry would get an abundance of business as many people would fly home to see loved ones that they have not seen for many years. It would be a boost for the countries income tax. And don’t kid yourself and think that they will now take the jobs that are rightfully british citizens jobs…they have been working for the past 10 years already in this country. Thereby paying tax already through council tax, petrol etc. So illegal immigrants have in fact been contributing to the tax of this country. They would be more then happy if they were able to contribute via income tax to further facilitate a country that they love.
As illegal immigrants remain ‘faceless’ they are seen to be uneducated criminals, coming over the border in lorries and unable to speak a work of english! This is not the case! We are also hard working citizens that are proud and educated and love this country dearly! We have brought up our family, on not one cent of benefit, but hard work and sacrifice and have come out better off and stronger. If we can do it with no family around to help and no benefits, then i think everybody in this country can all do it, and pull in their belts, stop complaining about benefits being taken with government cuts and follow the example and survival skills of this countries illegal immigrants. Together we can save this country from this financial crisis!