Religious bias should be removed from schools because:
• It does not respect children’s and young people’s rights to freedom of religion or belief
• It does not recognise the plurality of beliefs in the UK
• The system whereby you can opt your child out of religious worship is deeply flawed in theory and practice
• Under 16s can’t opt-themselves out without their parents’ permission
• Inclusive assemblies are a better alternative and contribute more to well being and development.
The current law is flawed and out-dated. It needs to be reviewed and revised to promote an inclusive society and to reflect modern attitudes. Moreover it should be fair to everyone and it is currently extremely unfair.